Nut Free Vegan Pesto
This nut free vegan pesto is perfect tossed with pasta or used as a pizza sauce.
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Add fresh basil, olive oil, pumpkin seeds, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor or blender.
Process/blend until smooth.
Makes approximately 1 cup of nut free vegan pesto.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
- Optional additions: a handful of sun dried tomatoes or fresh chili peppers.
Serving: 2Tablespoons | Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 146mg | Potassium: 69mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 158IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg