Vegan Split Pea Soup
This vegan split pea soup is a hearty and filling plant-based meal that's perfect for meal prepping.
- 2 cups of rinsed green split peas
- 8 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrot
- 1 turnip
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Add the split peas, carrots, onions, water, salt, and pepper to a large stock pot.
Add the whole turnip to the pot (don’t chop it!).
Let the soup cook uncovered on medium heat for two hours or until thickened, then remove the whole turnip with tongs and discard.
Stir in the fresh dill.
Makes approximately 8 portions of vegan split pea soup.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to five days or freeze for up to six months.
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 472mg | Potassium: 644mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4196IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg